1. tool for cutting: a tool consisting of a flat heavy metal head with a sharpened edge attached to a long handle, used to chop wood or fell trees
2. job loss: an abrupt dismissal from a job ( slang )
3. termination: the termination of something such as a service or series of television programs, usually without prior warning or discussion ( slang )
4. musical instrument: a rock guitar or a jazz saxophone ( slang )
2. make request: to make a request for something
3. invite somebody: to invite somebody to a social event
4. require something: to require somebody to give or contribute something
5. name price: to name an amount as an acceptable price
Phone conversation with XM Satellite Radio representative this morning:
Rep - "Good morning Mrs. Herbst. How are you today?"
Me - "I'm great. How are you doing?"
Rep - "I'm good. Thank you for axing."
What does that mean, exactly?? "Thank you for chopping me up to bits with your flat heavy metal head tool with a sharpened blade used for cutting?.....I'm just saying...